Okay ...I give up. I've been tagged for this virus plague meme about 70 times in 4 different venues ...so I figure that I might has well join in. I'm not tagging anyone ....because seriously ...hasn't everyone done this?? If not ...please consider yourself tagged ...and let me know if you did it so I can read about you.
25 Random Things
1. My best friend delivered her first baby on Sunday ...and she's gorgeous. For the first time in 2 years - I felt absolutely no jealousy.
2. Sometimes my job makes me incredibly sad. Some people live insanely difficult lives.
3. Despite knowing this, I still find ways to complain about my mostly very perfect family and life.
4. I hate that about myself.
5. I have serious, serious self-esteem issues. As in ...one of the more troubling things about the appointment with the MFM to me is that my husband will see my stomach. Bare. Naked.
6. I do know that's pathetic.
7. I had a brief stint in high school with anorexia which resulted in a 60 pound weight loss in 8 weeks. I went to the doctor for headaches. She was sweet and polite and gave me headache medicine and asked me two questions max about the weight loss. She called my parents before I made it all the way home. She hadn't seen me in 2 years and had no way to know the weight loss was that fast/dramatic.
8. My dad met me at the door with a steak and baked potato and force fed me for a week. Three times a day. I've never had a problem since (other than # 5/6 above :D).
9. I think about that physician and her choice to call my parents nearly every day when I'm with patients and it greatly affects how I care for them.
10. It's amazing to have someone save your life with a phone call.
11. I have five siblings who are between 10 and 16 years older than me.
12. I miss my sister desperately - she became a born again christian about 6 years ago and everything about her changed. I want my old sister back.
13. My parents were both very strict Catholics until they were ex-communicated in the sixties for picketing the bishop's house in protest of racial housing issues. They became Quakers and raised me as such.
14. They sent me to Catholic school for 12 years anyway.
15. I feel like a Quaker but attend Catholic church with Monk and had the golden child baptized and send her to Catholic school.
16. My mom and dad were the hippiest of hippies in the 60's.
17. Martin Luther King stayed at my house overnight - long before I was born.
18. I have an adopted African American sister that I didn't realize was adopted until I was 12 (although I am the whitest of white Irish Catholics around). Twelve. Years.
19. Some might say I'm a little naive (see #18 above).
20. I both desperately want and hate the idea of going back to school for my doctorate.
21. The golden child's donor is a very successful lawyer making a ton of money in California and I've never asked for a dime.
22. I dread the day that she asks to meet him.
23. I used to think that maybe I was over dramatizing how awful what he did was ....but as I get older, it just becomes more horrible instead of less.
24. I hope to one day be brave enough to blog about that entire painful experience.
25. I dated my high school boyfriend intermittently for 8 years and he's still one of my best friends that I see at least once a week. Monk is okay with this. So is his wife.