Friday, May 1, 2009

30 weeks and counting

So ..my life has been fairly adventurous lately. I missed 2 1/2 days of work this week because ..umm...I had Pre-term labor. After 2 days of super strict bed rest, my back hurt so much that I couldn't stand it for another second.

Oh. And I was ready to poke my eyeballs out with boredom. It did dramatically slow down the contractions. And my cervix length is {relatively} stable. So I went to work for a half day yesterday and then back to the doctor today. And can I just say? Being Diabetic when the doctor didn't even manage to diagnose it is a big pain in my keister??? I've had a single out of range blood sugar that I covered with more insulin and she yelled at me about watching my carbs closer. And ...my fasting blood sugars are ranging in the 90's to a max of 105 and she wants me to start long acting insulin at night. So I can ..umm...die in my sleep or what? Half the time I wake up and it's in the 70's. So I take insulin and hope to wake up with a blood sugar above 40? Argh.

Frustrating.

To add to the convenience? Being diabetic and having contractions bought me a free pass to labor and delivery twice a week for the duration of my pregnancy for non stress tests. Twice a week. And once a week visits in the office. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to actually ..you know ...make money and support my family with that type of schedule.

In good news ...I bought a new {and cheaper!} maternity support belt which, for at least today, has dramatically helped the back and pelvic pain. I was actually able to walk around a bit today and not want to die. Yesterday was NOT a good day. I had about 20 mini mental breakdowns because the pain was so severe I really wasn't in a place where I thought I could handle it for another 8-10 weeks.

No comments: