Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Status Quo . . .

I was supposed to go in for a non stress and biophysical profile at 3 ...but instead I'm already home. I started having contractions again around 10 this morning ...and when I decided to pay attention, I realized that they were 4 minutes apart. Monk had stolen my car keys this morning so I didn't decide to make a trip to Ikea (2 hours away) ...so he had to come home from work early to get me. When I got to the hospital, I was still contracting so they started an IV {again} and gave me a litre of fluid. My blood sugar was 75 ....so the MFM stopped my insulin. Ack. That makes me nervous. She wants me to be higher for the next couple of days and said to call if it hits 160. The contractions stopped after the fluid. The biophysical profile and NST were essentially the same. No better ...no worse ...so the kid is in until at least tomorrow barring some unforeseen run of labor again or something..

I'm soooo tired. Like ..crazy ridiculous super sleepy tired. I've taken like 3 naps and slept for at least 10 hours last night. I don't know what's up with that. I've already self diagnosed myself with all sorts of fun stuff ..when in reality, my body is probably making some attempt to get things ready. But my brain wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with cardiomyopathy of pregnancy or something.

I'm not nearly as anxious as I was last night ...but not exactly what I call comfortable, either. Everytime the baby doesn't move for 20 minutes I'm about ready to stroke. Then he kicks me firmly in the liver and I calm back down.

The golden child spent the night at a friend's last night and went to the beach with her family today. She's texting me about every 30 minutes to make sure everything is okay ..so I know she's still crazy anxious on one side. On the other, she's pissed because I won't let her and the friend spend the night here tonight. Umm....is that awful? I just don't see how it's a good idea to have a kid spend the night when we could theoretically have to leave them here in the middle of the night and go to the hospital? I must be hormonal because I don't feel like it's an irrational decision but feel incredibly guilty for saying no to her when I know she's stressing and the friend offers welcome distraction.

In other news ...there is so. much. freaking. drama in Monk's family right now that I could scream. And possibly become homicidal. His brother bought a lot and is almost done building a house behind his sister's house - like - literally in the back yard. It's such a long story ...but now the entire family is fighting non-stop. His brother and the wife are ....ignorant at best. It's about 90 degrees here today and they have my 70 year old father in law with a bad back hand grading their new lawn because they don't want to pay to have it done. My sister in law tries to cause drama wherever she goes. And I'm hormonal enough that I'm probably going to give plenty of drama back to her tonight. There's WAY more to the story than I could ever describe here. A good synopsis includes not having a mortgage and sponging off of your in laws for the past year, not doing your own children's laundry or caring about them at all, probably having an affair, and trying to drag people back into our lives that don't need to be there. I called Monk at work today to tell him that I don't want her evil demon skin touching the baby or showing up at the hospital.

He suggested that I was possibly over-reacting.

Hmm. I might be.

I consider it justified. :)


Searching for Serenity said...

Sounds like an eventful 24 hours you've had. Hopefully you can attempt to ignore the family drama and focus on yourself.

You're almost there!

Leah said...

I'm holding my breath here! Was baby born yesterday or today? I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear the story!