Monday, March 16, 2009

Lost: Two Ankles

I'm a very bad blogger. My life is sort of crazy right now. I'm in the middle of a 19 day stretch of work without a day off ...and umm...I hate it. I guess I hate work in general. I need to go back to school. I'm a much better perpetual student.

Anyway. I had hospital call on Saturday and Sunday and it ended up being insanely busy. When I finally got home last night after 7:00 and sat down, I noticed that my feet were crazy swollen. This morning when I was getting ready for work, I couldn't put on any of my rings that fit fine yesterday. I jumped on the scale and my weight was up nine pounds since Saturday. Hmm. That can't be good, right? I got home tonight around 6 and discovered that I have pitting edema up to my knees.

Between that and the sort of self diagnosed symphysis pubis dysfunction that makes it impossible for me to walk after laying down ....pregnancy is a wonderful experience for me! In all seriousness ...I love the wiggles and kicks and what comes afterwards ...so I'll deal with the rest.

Of course, because my only coping mechanism is anxiety, I have myself convinced that I'm going to be diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension AND cardiomyopathy with a side order of HELLP and will be put on bedrest at 24 weeks and 1 day.

I guess I'll wait until the appointment with the MFM tomorrow and go from there. Right?

No comments: