Monday, October 20, 2008

Cycle Day 23

I went for my Day 21 Progesterone level even though I knew that I did not ovulate. Because I knew that I did not ovulate, I was only about 80% completely devastated when the progesterone level came back two hundredths of a point higher than a level that would classify me as being in menopause. Seriously. Two hundredths of a single point.

My body is goofy so I continued to OPK thinking that for some reason maybe I would ovulate later than I was supposed to. And today? I had the most ridiculously positive OPK that I've ever seen. So if I wake up in the morning and my temperature is up, I might schedule myself a stroke. Because we actually did have fairly well timed sex.

What makes me sad in all this? The utter relief that I feel at even the very slightest chance of leaving infertility behind. I could literally feel the tension roll of my shoulders at the idea that I may possibly have ovulated. I think I'm going to take a deep breath and relax with that feeling for a while. I'm not even going to entertain the idea of recurrent miscarriage for like ...two weeks even.

And ...just for my record ...and in case it works (hope will kill me yet)....my regimen this month:

Metformin 1 gram twice daily
Cinnamon 2 grams twice daily
Vitex twice daily
Clomid 100 mg cycle days 5-9
Aspirin 81 mg daily
Mucinex 600 mg twice daily

No comments: