Monday, October 24, 2011

And just like that ...it changed


So a week or two after that last post ....everything changed.  I don't know if there was some weird hormonal switch (my guess) or if I have some wonky pregnancy auto-immune craziness going on (what the overly intellectual internal med docs I spend my days with think) but I went back to feeling nomal.   No more crazy hatred towards Monk for unreasonable things and no more crazy emotional lability.  Coincidentally, my blood sugars also got way easier to manage.  Initially - they plummeted.  Plummeted to the point that I had several episodes of hypoglycemia and took myself completely off insulin and metformin.  Then they were normal for a couple of days without meds ...and then I slowly crept back to needing some insulin - but was also able to eat and stay in range.  Very much a relief.  Whatever the cause.  I did have some temporary freak outs when everything changed - it was very similar to what happened right before I went into labor with A2.  But here we are a couple of weeks later and he's still on the inside.

I'm back to twice weekly NSTs - which have only been dramatic twice so far.  On Friday, his heartrate was non-reactive for several hours.  He was active and moving a ton - but his heart rate wasn't accelerating as required.   While I was waiting for the OB to come and look at the strips and do a biophysical profile ultrasound, it occurred to me that this kid could potentially be taken out of me at any given NST appointment.  And ..holy cow I'm not ready.  No name.  No cord blood kit.  No diapers in the appropriate size.  No take me home outfit. 

You'd think the last 6 days I've had off from work would have given me some motivation to get that stuff done ...but it turns out ...umm  no.

Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know that baby will be taken care of :)

and you could just put golden child to work, right??? maybe she can earn some gas money! haha.